Copywriter and Digital Strategist (Full Time, Part Time or Freelance)
Job Location: Cincinnati, Ohio or Hybrid
BigOrange Marketing provides websites and complete outsourced digital marketing plans to help companies get found, get results and get their time back. Our small and quickly growing agency specializes in marketing for the information technology (IT), financial services, manufacturing and building industries.
The ideal copywriter/digital strategist is a proven writer, collaborative learner of digital marketing and is highly attentive to detail. You will be responsible for writing and publishing social media, blog posts, landing pages, e-mail newsletters and email drip campaigns as directed by one of our digital marketing strategists. These efforts will grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers and active fans and promoters of both our clients and our agency.
In addition to writing experience in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer settings, you should have command of the best practices and trends in SEO and social media content. You should enjoy being creative, coming up with catchy ideas and be willing to help build and convert digital audiences. In this role, you must be able to contribute at least 30-40 hours per week during our regular business hours of M-F from 9AM to 5PM to help our agency stay on top of the customers’ deliverables, publishing schedules and top priorities.
This would ideally be a full time position, but we would consider part-time or contract. We want someone dedicated to growing our firm.
- Writing blog posts, landing pages, web content and emails
- Helping to manage content calendars and direction
- Contributing ideas to continuously improve our content processes
- Following best practices for SEO content writing - REQUIRED
- Maintaining our agency and client’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google My Business
- Ability to update existing design templates, download them, share them while following instructions to compress files and maintain their quality
- Regularly uploading clients’ blog posts to their websites using our blog templates and instructions through WordPress and Squarespace
- Writing a month’s worth of engaging social media posts and recaps of campaigns for 5-10 clients and scheduling once the posts are approved
- Writing and testing monthly email newsletters for clients using designated design templates
- Writing blog posts and case studies for clients in the technology, construction and manufacturing industries
- Google Ads copywriting and Google Ads monitoring and management
- BA/BS degree in English, Marketing, Business or equivalent work experience
- Ability to write clear, interesting content based on supplied resources, online research and/or interviews with sources
- Must be able to stay on top of timely tasks, multiple schedules and regularly switch clients and deliverables smoothly
- Organized and efficient with time and priority management
- Ideally, you prefer to plan your day in advance, are not in a huge rush, are highly attentive to detail, like to get ahead of schedules and double check all of your work
- SEO certification or experience preferred. Knowledge of HubSpot or MOZ is a bonus.
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification must be achieved within 30 days of joining BigOrange Marketing, followed by a HubSpot platform certification (each certification is free and provided for you to complete)
- Knowledge of (or willingness to dive deeply into) AP style
- Social media experience is a plus
- WordPress experience
- Willingness to build a personal and active presence on social media, especially LinkedIn, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Bonus experience and skills include experience with design platforms like Canva, HubSpot, Constant Contact, Google Analytics or familiarity with the inbound marketing methodology, writing blogs or articles, website content management, social media management, HTML or CSS. Video and editing skills are also a plus.
- HubSpot knowledge and certifications