Junior Front End Developer/Designer
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Brief Description of Role & Responsibility
Do you take pride, ownership and meticulous detail in finding ways to make websites better? Are you ready to be heard and showcase your work at the center of stunning websites? This is a great opportunity for students or professionals looking to build their skills and experience!
BigOrange Marketing provides websites and complete outsourced digital marketing plans to help companies get found, get results and get their time back. Our small and quickly growing agency specializes in marketing for information technology (IT), manufacturing, residential construction and home improvement companies. We build websites and provide complete ongoing marketing services that get leads. We measure our success each month in the number of leads we get for our clients.
BigOrange Marketing is seeking a Front End Developer/Designer to join our team named one of Cincinnati Business Courier’s Top 25 Largest Web Design firms. Working closely with our lead developers and visual design team, you will review, build, and maintain highly interactive and engaging websites. Your work will contribute to the growth of technology and construction companies that our firm aims to hold lifelong relationships with.
- Location: Cincinnati but part time remote work is OK
- Position Type: Part Time
- Salary Range: $15/Hour
- Required To Apply: Provide examples of work (noting your contribution)
What You’ll Do
- Build WordPress websites, pages and posts built on our standard stack using Beaver Builder or other page-building themes and plug-ins.
- Support developers on the completion of new site builds and ongoing site maintenance and enhancements
- Work closely with developers and project managers to ensure timely completion of projects
- QA sites and either fix issues or bring to the attention of developers.
- Create, maintain or enhance “how to” documentation on our development related processes and procedures.
- Assist with technical discovery on projects
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- Experience building or maintaining website in WordPress (student experience accepted)
- Strong understanding of the website design and development process, mobile responsive design, SEO and UX/UI best practices.
- Self-starter, independent thinker, highly responsible
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Strict attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
Skills and experience with these are a plus:
- Coding in HTML and/or CSS
- Writing/editing headlines and metadata for SEO
- WordPress page builders(Beaver Builder, Elementor)
- Google Analytics