Job Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
BigOrange Marketing provides websites and complete outsourced digital marketing plans to help companies get found, get results and get their time back. Our small and quickly growing agency specializes in marketing Information Technology (IT), Financial Services and Building, Home Improvement or Architecture firms.
The Inbound Marketing Specialist is a fast-paced, collaborative learner of digital marketing and highly attentive to detail. You will be responsible for writing and publishing social media, blog posts, landing pages, e-mail newsletters as directed by the Digital Marketing Strategist. These efforts will grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters both our agency and brands we represent. Plus, you’ll get a unique, hands-on opportunity to learn all about building websites, analytics, measuring marketing performance and customer service to further boost your skills!
You should have command of the best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, coming up with catchy ideas and be willing to learn the basics of how to both build and convert a digital audience. In this role, you must be able to contribute at least 16 hours per week during our regular business hours of M-F from 9AM to 5PM to help our agency stay on the customer's deliverables, publishing schedules and top priorities.
- Maintaining our agency and client’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google My Business
- Ability to update existing design templates, download them, share them while following instructions to compress files and maintain their quality
- Regularly loading in our customer’s blog posts using our blog templates and instructions and then sending to the Digital Marketing Strategist for approval
- Regularly writing a month’s worth of fun social media posts and recaps of campaigns at a time for our agency up to 4 additional clients and schedule once the posts are approved
- Occasionally stepping in to prepare and test monthly email newsletters our agency and up to 4 additional clients using our premade templates, designs and provided content
- Must be willing to write 2 blog posts or stories each month for Squeeze the Day, our agency blog
- Being eager to learn more about website development, design and optimization, and occasionally updating or creating simple pages as instructed by the Chief Technology Officer, all done on the front-end (no coding experience required)
- Working towards BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Graphic Arts or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to stay on top of timely tasks, multiple schedules, regularly switch clients and deliverables smoothly and effectively manage your priorities
- Ideally, you prefer to plan your day in advance, are not in a huge rush, highly attentive to detail, know things should look consistent, like to get ahead of schedules and double-check all of your work
- Inbound Marketing certification must be achieved at the beginning of employment, followed by a HubSpot platform certification, each certification is free and provided for you to complete
- Willingness to build a personal and active presence on social media, especially LinkedIn, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Bonus experience and skills include experience with design platforms like Canva, HubSpot, Constant Contact, Google Analytics or familiarity with the inbound marketing methodology, writing blogs or articles, website content management, social media management, HTML or CSS. Video and editing skills also a plus.
Pay for this role will be commensurate with experience ($12.50 up to $17.50 per hour).